Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Time to Set the Squeezeboxes Down

I can hardly believe it, but today I think I played the last note on accordion for the new CD. It must be time to quit, because I found myself adding a ukulele track to one tune, ("Where's Bob?"). Tomorrow I will fly to San Francisco and hand over the tracks to our trusted engineer, Marc Senasac.

He'll get everything ready to start the mixing process. I like that, because I get to sit in a comfy chair and spin around and say things like, "A little more echo on the vocal, please," or, "Crank up that solo!" That's usually when I get sent out to pick up beer and sandwiches. We still have some background vocals to do and a shot at getting a mystery celeb guest artist, but I do believe I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Sure hope it's not a train!

Cheers,

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment