Tuesday, February 13, 2007

LynnMarie Ditching the Polka?

This press release makes it sound like accordion queen LynnMarie -- shunned yet again for the polka Grammy -- is ready to move beyond the genre.

"Polka got me to the party, but now I want to get out there and start making music with and for people who think and create beyond the safety net of pigeonholing," she says. "Creatively, this experience is going to be the best thing that ever happened to me, and I’m excited to be moving on to bigger and better things in my career. I’ve been a bridesmaid four times now but it’s great to be single again and have the freedom to explore new opportunities."

Her Grammy-nominated record, Party Dress by LynnMarie & The Boxhounds, fell to Jimmy Sturr and His Orchestra's Polka in Paradise. That would be Sturr's 15th Grammy.

No comments:

Post a Comment